Tuesday, August 21, 2012

LeapFrog Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten #LeapFrogTag #spon

Thank you to LeapFrog for sponsoring this review.  For more information about LeapFrog Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten, please click hear to visit their website #LeapFrogTag #spon

 I want to start by explaining what the Tag Reading system in-case you haven't discovered this great learning tool. Tag is a reading system that brings stories to life with sound effects, the voices of there favorite characters, and exciting activities. The Tag system has a library of 60+ books, maps and more. The Tag system is designed to help guide your child on a reading adventure.

As most of my readers know we have started home schooling our two girls.  I was given the opportunity by LeapFrog to review Tag Get Ready For Kindergarten.  To say I was was excited when I got the news we had been selected would be putting it mildly. I believe I may even have jumped up and down a little like my 5 year old does.

Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten is a book that you use with the Tag Reader.  Tag get ready for kindergarten is designed for ages 4-6 years old. It is a multi subject book that builds essential skills in reading,math, social studies and science to help kids prepare for success in school. The Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten book $13.99. Now keep in mind you need to have the Tag reader in order to use the book. You can check it out hear at http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Tag%22-Get-Ready-for-Kindergarten/productDetail/Tag-Reading-System-Bundle-Software/TAG21212/cat80030





As a new home schooling mom I am loving this Book it covers some of the basics that my kindergartner needs to know. Letter sounds, vowels, and it even covers some sight words, consonant blending. For math it touches base on  patterns, skip counting, and basic addition and subtraction. It even has a calender and the months. It also explains the different seasons. I love the little interactive community were my daughter can touch on different places and people and learn about what they do there. Its got a page on dinosaurs I love the sounds they make and the information it tells about them. There is a Feelings Funhouse where children can explore different emotions. I also love how crystal clear the tag reader is. The voices are amazingly clear and the enunciation on each word is great my girls have no trouble understanding what it says. 

I gave the Hotrod Princess the Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten book and the tag reader and gave her a quick demo on the first page of how to work it. She understood how it works right from the start. She wanted everyone to know that she thinks it is "wicked cool" which says a lot coming from the girl who is easily board now days.  She loved that it helps her sound out the hard words that she does not know. I love that it has a lot of the sight words that she already knows. So she can read most of the book on her own with out needing the tag reader to sound it out for her. The great sound effects and voices of her favorite characters make her smile and keep her attention. I love seeing there smiles as they learn something new.  The HotRod Princess gave Snoopy some instructions on how to work it because "that's what big sisters do mom" Snoopy loves that she can touch the tag reader to the purple book and it will read the page to her. A blessing when I am working with the HotRod Princess on another activity. They both love the games that you can do on each page and I feel that they help reinforce the key concepts that each page is teaching. tag Get Ready For Kindergarten is a great book and I cant wait to expand out Tag Library.

Leapfrog put out a new video for Tag Get ready for Kindergarten come see it in action
Tag Get Ready for Kindergarten:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpvffO5laBE

To find Leapfrog on facebook click hear
To find them on Twitter Click Hear
You can check out Tag get Ready For Kindergarten by clicking hear




I was selected for this opportunity as a compensated member of Clever Girls Collective and received free product from LeapFrog to review. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #LeapFrogTag #spon


No comments:

Post a Comment