Thursday, September 3, 2015

The door is in

After a few set backs and figuring out how to level off the threshold the new door is officially in !
It closes and opens, it even looks darn good considering its only got one coat of paint on it. It will take a few days to get it painted. We decided to try the new Marquee paint in Chocolate. Doesn't the color sound yummy.  This is quite possibly the oddest paint I have ever used. I only have the first coat on and its been drying for a while now. But paint appears to be slightly rubbery and has an odd texture to it. The can says it is UV resistant and that's why we bought it. The door gets direct sunlight all day and the stain on the old door just didn't hold up for a full year. I am hoping this new paint will hold up and look nice for a few years.  I will post a picture of the new door as soon as I finish the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment