Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fish on Kids Books


I read a great book today called A whirlwind Opener Its book one of a 9 part series of books that are fun-packed fiction chapter book for 8 to 12 year-old readers.  Currently only 4 books are available the remaining 5 books will be out soon. They are adventure based books that revolve around Fishing, Camping and Hunting.  http://fishonkidsbooks.com/FishOnKidsBooks_MA3S.php


This is what book one A Whirlwind Opener is about:


Meet Gus Roberts, a fifth grader who can't wait for his family's big plans for the fishing opener. Gus needs some time on the water but also a break from Matt Driver, a bully who's got everyone anxious for the end of the school year. With his new fishing rod and tackle box always nearby, Gus joins his grandfather to meet the rest of the family at the cabin up north. Life has a few surprises in store and everyone adjusts to a different weekend than planned.


This book is geared for 8-12 year old's. I believe the reading difficulty is right on. My 9 year old niece would have no trouble with the book at all. I started this book yesterday and I was hooked from chapter one.d Getting a Kids attention and keeping it is hard to do, and this book defiantly kept my interest right from the start. I read it almost straight through. I had to find out what Gus was going to do next I couldn't put it down. Gus is such a likable character I could relate to him right from the start.  He does the right thing and shows a good example for kids. I love that the Book is about the outdoors.  Anything that encourages kids to get outside and explore is on the top of our list. I am excited to read the rest of the series and see what Gus has in-store for us.  

Fish on Kids book series can be found on there site for 10.00 http://shop.fishonkidsbooks.com/
Or You can get the Kindle version of  A Whirlwind Opener hear for $2.99 http://www.amazon.com/Whirlwind-Opener-Book-ebook/dp/B0085HK51E/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1338936778&sr=1-1 the other books in the series are also available in the Kindle addition. No matter what version you go with your getting a great book for your money. 

Fish on Kids also has re-Seller arrangements available for bookstores, School book fairs, and non-profit groups looking for a fundraiser. 
Call 612.710.5584 or email to: info@fishonkidsbooks.com

Disclosure: I received these products at no cost for review. All opinions are my own or what my kids thought of the product.

3 comments:

  1. thanks! we are always looking for good books to read, especially for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound great! Wish my daughter was older. Thanks for sharing!

    julie @ Naptime review

    ReplyDelete