Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Gazebo

Gazebo update. This is a Back Yard Creations 12x16ft gazebo has a metal roof. Let me tell you this thing is the biggest mistake I have made in a long time. It was a month late in being delivered to Menards for pick up. Ok not that big of a deal but then when I started assembling it I found parts that were bad. The holes were drilled wrong on two of the pieces. So I called left a message waited days and day still didn't hear anything. So I emailed the company finally got a reply. They shipped me replacement parts from CHINA. So that took just about 2 weeks. When the new parts came in they sent parts that I didn't need. So I called and left messages again sent emails again. A week later I get a reply that they send the correct parts. These came in and they were welded incorrectly. They welded the nut on the wrong end of the beam making it useless. Back to the phone and email I went. They shipped out more replacement parts. By this point the people that were willing to help me get this thing assembled were no longer available to help. So I get the replacement parts in and I start assembling again by my self and I find that some small brackets are missing and 2 braces were missing. Back to the phone and email once again and another nearly 2 week wait. This weekend I finally made some progress. This night mare of a project is nearly done. I have some roof edging to put on still and a couple of leg braces but its mostly together. It took a rubber mallet and a ball peen hammer to make some of the parts fit because bolts are two short and holes are drilled wrong but 
at least its together.  On to the bathroom project.




No comments:

Post a Comment