This week I thought I would share a new recipe I found on tasteykitchen.com the girls have fallen in love with it and I like it because its easy and I can cook it in the NuWave oven it takes less time and doesn't heat up the house. So hear is the recipe slightly modified to fit how I made it.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.
For the Casserole:
3 chicken breast roasted and shredded.
1/2 lb shaved sliced honey ham
1/4 lb sliced baby swiss cheese
For the Sauce:
4 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. flour
3 1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp white pepper
6 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 tsp seasioning salt
1 1/2 tsp crushed dried parsley
Put cooked shredded chicken in bottom of round pan of the NuWave oven. Roughtly chop ham and scatter it over the chicken, Lay Swiss cheese on top of ham.
Melt butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. When butter is melted quickly stir in flour this will form a smooth roux. Once it is smooth and bubbly, slowly pour in cold milk while stirring quickly to ensure a smooth sauce. continue cooking over medium heat tell sauce thickens. Stir in lemon juice, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika and pepper. Allow to come back to a slight boil and turn off your heat. Pour sauce over the casserole and be sure to get it around the edges.
For the topping:
Melt butter in microwave in a microwaveable bowl. Heat tell its melted. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir in the panko crumbs, season salt, and parsley. Spread evenly over top of casserole.
Bake your casserole in the NuWave oven for about 15-20 min on high tell it becomes bubbly and brown on the top.
I would like to say this is not an endorsement for the NuWave oven we just have one and I use it quite frequently. I also got the original recipe from TastyKitchen.com
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
This week we are working on turning a bedroom into a Classroom. Its taken me and the girls three days to get it painted. This house has an incredible amount of trim that had to be taped off before we could even begin. We are currently on the second day of painting we chose to go with white because its a small room. Lets face it I am not known for my decorating skills so I was a little afraid to try painting the hole room a color. The big dresser in the middle of the floor is going as soon as I can get some help to move the thing it weighs a tone. We have two old desk that we will be putting in the room one for each of the girls. I wanted to give them there own space to work. We are also going to have a small reading nook under those snazzy corner shelves. Not really sure what we are going to do for decorations though. Check out the pictures of our classroom in progress and if you have any great idea feel free to share them in the comments below. I would love to have some ideas.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
I am days away from the start of my first collage class. I am taking Aroma 101 with the American Collage of Healthcare Sciences. Hopefully it wont be too hard of a class and I will be able to manage it and teaching the girls and everything else I have going on right not. But with a little Prayer and some late nights I will do my best and hopefully get a good enough grade to possibly take some more classes when I can get the money together for them. My class came with some books one of which seems huge and I am wondering how we will get through it in one semester. There is also an E-book and a nice stash of essential oils and supplies for making the different blends I we will need to make for the class. My mom has so graciously offered to be my guinea pig she is a good sport when it comes to trying out my home made items. She was a great sport with the deodorant trial we had over the summer. So hear is a look at all my goodies too bad that oil box wasn't all filled up but I guess it will eventually.
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
I don't think I have ever talked about my project truck before and I decided now was a good time to share the project with everyone. I am building a 1953 1/2 ton pick up truck. Iv been working on it off and on since I was in high school. When we moved back to Mo a few years a go I was close enough to my dads shop where I could begin working on it again. A lot of time and work goes into making an old truck drive able again. It will probably be another year before its on the road, but we are enjoying the time together working on the project together. The girls are even learning a thing or two. In the last year my dad has taught me how to weld which allowed me to installed the rear leaf spring mounts and built adjustable mounts for the air shocks that I am using. The next step will be to get the upper and lower arms installed so that we can find the proper location for the engine mounts that will hold the LS1 Engine I am installing. Recently we have finished rebuilding a 97 mustang rear end. So here are a few photos of the truck as we got started working on it again.
|Stripping body filler and paint|
|some of my first welding|