Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Eco Cups

I received some samples of the Different Eco Cups available from DCI Product Decor Craft inc. as samples for this review. http://www.dcigift.com/


my ice experiment
The First cup I am going to talk about is the Eco Cup on Ice because its the cup I am currently drinking out of.  The Eco Cup on Ice is a Cold cup it for Cold Drinks only. It is not dishwasher safe either which is fine with me. This is a acrylic double walled cup with a screw on lid and straw. The cup is double walled so that it keeps your hand and your table dry. The one they sent me is clear with nothing on it. But they do make them with different designs for holidays etc. They are very cute and I wouldn't mind having some with different designs. So i tested the cup out to see if my table would get wet and how long the cup would stay cold for. Now its winter hear in Missouri but the house is about 69 degrease on an average day. I filled the cup about half full of ice and filled it up the rest of the way with water letting the cup sit on the counter it took a little over 2 hours for the Ice to melt completely. The table stayed dry I did not see any condensation on the cup but then again it wasn't a really hot day so I cant say what it would do on a Super hot day or how cold it would stay. the lid fits securely on the cup and the straw is a nice size to drink out of and its completely reusable and eco friendly. I am completely happy with the cup and My mom even wants one now after seeing mine.

The second cup I was sent is the Eco Cup (this is not your paper cup cup) it is a 16oz Re-usable ceramic cup with silicone lid &  sleeve is Dishwasher & Microwave Safe. This cup comes in a variety of colors and prints. You can also get sayings printed on the silicone sleeve. I have a lot of coffee cups I tested this one like I would test any hot cup. I filled it with hot coffee and let it sit to see how long it would stay hot.  It stayed hot for about 30 min and warm for another 15 min or so. Not a super long time no coffee cup does that any way, but I don't take that long to drink a cup of coffee any way. The out side of the cup does get quite hot as its ceramic but the silicone sleeve does a great job of keeping my hand protected. I have never had a soft silicone lid on a coffee cup before so this part was a first for me. Its easy  to get on the cup and the fact that its soft was nice to drink out of  I was quite pleased with it. The printed the printing on the silicone sleeves is nicely done and the color is great. I received one printed cup where the ceramic is actually printed on the coloring is very nice and seems to be holding up well after run through the dishwasher a few times.

I hope you'll visit DCI Crafts inc and Pick up one of there great products. http://www.dcigift.com/

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can find the Flower printed one hear http://www.dcigift.com/product.cfm?productID=1217&catID=15

      Delete