Me and the girls have been reviewing A+ Interactive Math you can find the main website here http://www.APlusTutorSoft.com. We are using the Family Math Package which you can get to here http://www.aplustutorsoft.com/ViewInteractiveMathFamily.jsp.
The Family Package is so flexible its crazy. It was designed so that you buy a package for the number of children you need it for. They have packages available for a single child all the way up to 10 children. I do believe if you have more than 10 children you can contact them to request a bigger family package. It starts at first grade and goes through algebra 1. Each student can move between grade levels as needed. Hears an example. Say you have three kids you would buy the 3 student-family package, a yearly subscription sells for $249.99. You then enroll all three of your children and select what grade level they are in. They would each have their own user name and password. Now say you realize that your second grader is struggling with subtraction. You can simply switch her to first grade for a few weeks and allow her to review first grade subtraction. Once she is doing well you simply change her back to the second grade level.
This math program offers so many features I would have a really long list if I posted them all for you. So I am going to list my favorite features and why:
- Recommended lesson plans. These make my week run smoother its one less thing I have to plan. The lesson plan is all done for me and I can print it out for my binder.
- Instant online grading. Who doesn't love something that grades its self its just a nice time saver on the days when I have a lot going on.
- Progress reports allow me to see how they are doing and make logging our days work faster.
- The ability to print work sheets and test. While I like computer based learning, I still believe that a child needs to be able to do the work on paper.
- A+ Interactive Math Courses meet or exceed state and national guidelines. This is simply good information to know about any program you are using.
- Real time feedback on the practice problems. If they get it wrong it tells them right away. Then the program shows them how to get the correct answer. This feature helps the girls so much.
- Templates to create additional worksheets and test. This feature is much easier to use than I anticipated. It is great if you have kids that love work pages. We use these when we are on the go.
- Full printable curriculum E book. We often go camping for a few weeks at a time. The Printable E books allow me to print and take all or some of the book with us.
Both of the girls have really been enjoying A+ interactive. Some days they do 3 or 4 lessons or worksheets. Both girls can log in to the program by them selves. Hotrod girl can navigate most of the site on her own. Where as Snoopy still needs some help getting started. She also needs help when she does the worksheets online. There are several buttons along the top and it seems to be a little confusing for her. Snoopy really likes the multimedia lessons the best. She will choose these over worksheets most of the time. The multimedia lessons explains how to do the problems, then give you some practice problems. If you get a practice problem wrong it tells you right away. Then it shows you how to get the correct answer, and gives you a chance to try again. It gives you a score and you can retake the lessons more than once. Some times the girls need to hear the instructions more than once for it to stick.
Hotrod girl is in second grade. She has worked her way through the multimedia lessons, for bothmultiplication and division. These are two areas she has been needing help with so we focused on them the most. She has now begun to work on the worksheets and quizzes. After I showed her how to do it. She can access both of these items on her own with out trouble. She prefers to work independently most of the time. You have the option to do the worksheets and test online and have them auto graded. Or you can print and grade them your self. If you choose to print and grade them, you can still enter the grades into the program. We print the work pages for when we are away from the home. But the girls ask to do the test online. My only issue with doing the online test is that I can print a report which gives the test they took and the grade they got and the date it was taken. But so far I have not found a way to print a copy of the actual test that they took. I try to keep a copy of all the test the girls take for the end of the year portfolio.
Both of the girls have really enjoyed A+ Interactive Math Family Math Package. I am in love with their improved attitudes about math practice and learning new concepts. To see what others on the Crew are saying about A+ Interactive Math Click the banner below.