Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Double Wedding Ring



I have reviewed all sorts of products hear on my blog. What can I say I am a mom of many interest.Quilting
is one of my many hobbies. I love making baby quilts for all the new babies in the family. I have done some crazy patterns in the past but there has always been one pattern that I have been afraid to try. The Double wedding ring, it looks so complicated its got lots of tiny pieces and its all curves. My mind just keeps going back to how do I cut all those pieces and have them come out the same. I have just never been brave enough to try the pattern.  A few weeks a go Baycreek Quilting Products offered to send me a Acrylic Quilt template to review. They ask me to pick one that I would like to try. I was so excited I had never used a acrylic template this was going to be new for me. I had to flip through all the templates that they offer and decide on something.  Low and behold my dream pattern also my most feared pattern the Double Wedding Ring. I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. I let them know what template I wanted and waited for it to come in the mail.

The templates are designed to help you cut your pieces more accurately. They are made of thick acrylic so you can use your rotary cutter safely.  I love love that the writing is etched on each piece so you can identify them easily. Its etched on so it doesn't rub off like paint would. Acrylic Templates save time and fabric and make it so you can cut multiple layers at one time. Baycreek Quilting templates are made right hear in the USA. Price's vary depending on size, color and what template pattern that you order. The one I received is the 15 inch Double wedding Ring. You can find it by clicking hear . The clear 15 inch sells for $24 and is worth every penny. The quality is much better than the ones I have looked at in the quilting stores and the prices are very reasonable.

This was my first Acrylic template so I was excited to give it a try. I pulled out my big box of scraps and started cutting. Its easy to use you basically lay it on top of your fabric and use your rotary cutter to cut around it. Each piece of the template is labeled with the name of the template and a letter. It did come with some simple instructions that were easy to follow. The only thing I would suggest about the directions is maybe put the template letter on the picture that they give so if someone was new to quilting they would be able to see how to assemble it a little easier. The templates have a 1/4 in seam allowance already included and this makes for nice cutting and sewing. After I got all the pieces cut out I laid out the arches on the table to make assembling them easier and faster. Sewing on this type of curve can be a bit tricky and I had to go slow. When It was all together this is how it came out. True to the template it was 15 inches. I couldn't be more please with how it came out and how easy the template made it all. 


I wish I had known about Baycreek Quilting templates sooner. These are perfect for both beginner and advanced quilters. I now have several BayCreek templates on my Christmas list.  http://www.quilttemplates.com/

Disclosure: I received this product at no cost for review. All opinions are my own or what my kids thought of the product

1 comment:

  1. well nice ideas for planning wedding ring designs and planning for wedding ring in easy way by free wedding planner app thanks for blog

    ReplyDelete