Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Meal Measure

This week I want to talk about portion control. Like most people I should be watching my portion sizes but I don't. Its time consuming to measure everything out and I forget exactly how big a deck of cards is. When I found Meal Measure I knew I had found a great tool. Meal Measure is portion control right on your plate. Its basically a ring that has measured spots for fruits/ vegetables, starches, and meats. 
 You lay it on top of your plate, place your food in each of the labeled spots then lift it off your plate. It gives you perfect portions each and every time.  Each cutout is 1 cup and has a 1/2 cup line so you can choose how much you want to serve on each plate. Its great for those of us on diets and people like my mom who are border line diabetic and control there glucose levels with what they eat. It really helps her remember how much she should be eating of each food group. It takes the guess work out of making her plate.  Meal Measure is dietitian recommended and follows the My Plate serving sizes. Its simple and super easy to use its comes in some great colors and the holes are big enough that I can wash them easily. You can rinse it with warm soapy water or place it in the top rack of your dishwasher. You can find Meal Measure HEAR  it sells for $12.98 and comes in Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. I received the Blue one and I love the color. 

Disclaimer: I received the Meal Measure free of charge in order to test this product for the review. All opinions are my own or that of my Kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment